Why? Dammit… Why?

Why is it whenever I find a concert I really, really, really want to go to somehow it never happens.

To continue where I left off yesterday in my happiness about Fleetwood Mac:

I phoned my dad before 6am his time to share the news, apparently they were coming to Vancouver, he had known this and was planning on trying to buy tickets when they went on sale at 10am Monday. There was actually many people involved in this ticket buying scheme. I ruined the surprise I guess.

But… when I phoned later in the evening to find out if the tickets were bought, he said no. They apparently charge $199/ticket.

I love me some Mac, but no. $199 is too steep.

So here I am, sad and without Mac tickets. These guys are on my must see list, the concert I have to see before… well… they die, because that’s more likely than me dying first.

First Spice Girls, then NKOTB and now Mac.

But as with NKOTB (whom we’re all still praying returns to Van-city right?) I will not give up hope. I’ll search online for cheaper tickets and maybe find something cheaper through craigslist closer to the date… or I’ll resort to buying from scalpers.

For reals people, my love for Fleetwood Mac runs so much deeper than that of NKOTB.

If U2 tours this fall I swear to God, Allah, Buddha and all things holy that I will not let that one pass me by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww...Jen, sorry to hear the news :( If it makes you feel better, it looks like I'm missing the Britney Spears concert here b/c I have school that night...and that makes me SOOOOOO bitter. I do love Britney, regardless of what people say about her :)

Any word on your present? Dear god, we sent it New Year's Eve...

Jen said...

No present yet :(

I would have wanted to see Brit as well. Love her new CD