When old ladies attack

February is soon upon us. And every February comes one of the biggest events in fashion… New York Fashion Week.

Celebrities, socialites, hanger on’s and models flock to NYC to get a glimpse of this years biggest trends.

It never fails at these fashion shows that some celebrity or magazine editor shows up in fur. It’s cold in New York and understandable I suppose.

We’ve all seen it in the past. Lindsey Lohan has been dosed in red paint, so have some of the models in the shows. Heck, even Anna Wintour herself, the real life devil in Prada, aka editor of Vogue and fashion’s biggest critic, has had paint thrown at her.

It’s all the doings of good ol’ PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), my dad’s favorite animal rights group (heavy on the sarcasm). They like to send out people to throw red paint to represent the blood shed in procuring such furs for the garments. Harsh, if you ask me.

(as an aside, I’m not a fan of PETA, while I do agree with treating animals ethically, I guess being a meat-eater myself I can’t really say that I agree with everything they do. Also, I think they’re slightly maniacal and unethical towards humans who quite honestly are participating in a somewhat diluted circle of life. Also, Pam Anderson is one of their most famous spokespeople, by subjugating humans to her preaching about their cause is clearly a cruel and unusual punishment to mankind and thus making me want to send PETH after here… if you’re wondering that would be a newly formed group by yours truly – or I assume it is – called Pets for the Ethical Treatment of Humans)

Anyways… I seem to go on a lot of tangents here… my point is PETA likes to target Fashion Week. Sure, it’s because it’s a big event with millions of people watching and it’s good publicity for the PETA cause. But, I know a place where PETA is missing out.

Italy.

Seriously. This place is crawling – crawling – with fur coats. Every woman over the age of 60 is wrapped in some kind of animal carcass. I have no problem with this by the way, I kind of like to see these older ladies wandering around in their furs, dressed up to go to the markets in the morning. But part of me also thinks how awesome would it be to see a PETA member run up and throw paint on these women. Frankly I don’t think they would take it. They’d probably clobber them with their purses (and those are some big purses). These are some feisty ladies. And I’m sure their friends (because they travel in packs) would join in on the beating. Imagine, PETA members getting a beat down by older women… priceless.

After they’re done in Italy they could head to Berlin. They too enjoy their fur there, although much of it is of the hat variety.

2 comments:

Jo-Anne& Rugger said...

so are you bring me a fur, as as per you thought ypou make me 63 almost.See you in a few days.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you haven't received your present yet!! Well, I guess Zia Livi can bring it back in the summer and we can give it to you next Christmas...so disappointing.

Anyways, I am flying to Sydney in less then five hours, I hope you have a safe trip home and I will see you when I get back!