My 15 seconds should have started yesterday

It’s a well known fact that there is a certain area in the center of Vicenza where wireless internet runs free.

It’s how I post most of these wonderful blogs, download tv shows and music and generally try to fix my computer (update: my wait for everything to blow over plan worked, my computer has once again miraculously fixed itself… buy apple people, they fix themselves).

Anyways, I’m not the only one to do it. I see various people outside with their laptops. I may be the only idiot who sits there in the cold for long periods of time though (all in the name of Christmas gifts though).

On Monday I was downloading some stuff on iTunes (yes, I now legally buy music since the weak signal often means downloading a song can take an hour) for my uncles Christmas present. I was sitting on these steps where many people sit and eat or talk or use their computers, when up walks this woman and she shoves a microphone in my face and this cameraman has a camera pointed at me. She asks me something in Italian so I use my general excuse to get out of everything “I don’t speak Italian.” So she asks me in English… damn. She wanted to know if I was using the internet, unaware if this was legal or if it was allowed I didn’t want to say anything lest the free ‘net was shut down and I didn’t want to be stuck with the blame.

So I did what any famous person would do.

I put my hands up in a very dramatic fashion and said I didn’t want to be on film.

Looking back, I probably looked like an ass, but those are the breaks I guess. It’s the price to pay to keep your anonymity and the free web open.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see that tape LOL such a diva