Welcome... and other stuff

Welcome to the blog.

I'm not quite sure who will be reading this or where I'm going with this. But I like the idea of having a place where people can come to check out what I'm up to whilst in Italy. It also gives me the chance to document my trip, so even if nobody reads this, I'll have the memories here.

Here's hoping I'll keep this up. Although I'm told Internet isn't so accessible where I'll be at first, so I hope to update as often as possible.

I haven't left yet, but I'm a week away and incredibly excited. I'll be staying at my aunt's place for a while and hopefully traveling a lot around Europe, thus many stories and pictures will keep this blog (hopefully) exciting and fun.

The next week will be filled with last minute prep, packing and trying to fit everything in my suitcases (I have far too many shoes and clothes and I can't chose what I want to stay here and what's going... how do you chose between your children?). I'll also be saying bye to everyone here in Vancouver and trying to get my Vancouver-time in while I can (notice, that I didn't say Surrey-time?)

A little info about where I'll be at first. I'm staying with my Zia Livi and Zio Meraldo in Schio, Italy. Wikipedia had this to say about Schio. The town is about 2 hours from Venice (or so says Google maps) and situated in the province of Vicenza and the region of Veneto. What it means to have a province and a region... well I don't know, but hopefully that's one of the things I find out while I'm there.

The next time I'm posting here I'll be in Italy. Here's hoping for a safe and sleep-filled flight to Amsterdam and then on to Venice.

Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read, have fun and enjoy.

Anonymous said...

you there yet? you there yet? you there yet? you there yet?

Anonymous said...

Hello Jen....
Glad you made is safe and sound. Are you sure it wasn't Robin you ate ?
Wasn't sure about this, but when you go strolling through the mountains "sandris" there are bird posts everywhere. The day I strolled there were no sounds of birds anywhere - shot out of existence, I suppose ?! The few that return must come out of hiding during bad weather...or quickly passing through.
Oh Well, just like BigFoot, could be a legend ! Jet Lag sucks eh ? I remember not only waking up but hungry too....sneaking into Livi's fridge to get a nip of her Canadian cheese we lugged over.
Can't wait to hear more..Miss ya, but what an adventure. Good Luck on the Job interviews, you have what it takes !
Love Auntie Maria