Operation NKOTB. Part: I’ll be loving them forever

Tickets for the concert may be cheap. And my love of the New Kids still runs high all these years later. Unfortunately, after a check of every airline that flies from a local Italian city to Birmingham (3 total) I found that they do not fly on those days that I would like. Or they do, but the flight home costs more than I will pay (on the bonus, the flight there would be only 29 euro). Add to the fact that I would have to leave from the same Milan airport I will be leaving from to Berlin, which takes a couple hours (and costly train fares) to get to.

The tickets in Frankfurt are not as cheap and therefore it’s not a likely option.

Dublin is on a Wednesday and expensive as well, costing me not only money to go but also in missed work hours.

So I give up. Unless I find another cheap way of getting there or I consider going for a day or two longer than I would like. Or Santa and Dominick decide to give me a wonderful Christmas surprise

Oh well, the dream kept me entertained for a day. And, I know I said I gave up, but I will continue to search for options until the day before the concert. Trust.

Don’t worry, the blog will keep you updated on the latest goings on of my pilgrimage to see NKOTB… I shall not let one detail go unreported (I’m sure in the near future I’ll re-name it NKOTB adventures… god I wish).

And in response to my previous question about Birmingham, I did look it up Mom… on dial-up, in a cold bedroom with no heat. It took a long time but I did it. Although I’m sure your high speed cable internet in your warm house would have been faster and could have compiled info into a simple email for your daughter to read instead of having to sit in a cold room waiting for the pages to load. You should no better than to sass me in the matters of NKOTB. Here’s what I learned about the airport:

-The Birmingham airport is the 6th busiest in England, the second busiest not serving London
-The concord made a visit to the airport on her farewell tour
-In June 2007 an investigation found that the airport security team was often sleeping on duty, ignoring the security x-rays and worked under the influence of illegal drugs
-One month later, in July ’07, it was voted as Europe’s best airport in the 5-10million passengers per year category (coincidence??)
-The airlines flying from Italy to Birmingham are Bmibaby (Milan), Flybe (Milan) and Ryan Air (Bologna).
- In 2007, the 10 busiest scheduled destinations at the airport were Dublin, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Belfast, Dubai, Paris, Glasgow, Frankfurt, Malaga and Alicante. The 10 busiest charter destinations were Palma, Tenerife, Arrecife, Paphos, Dalaman, Las Palmas, Heraklion, Fuerteventura, Larnaca and Ibiza

0 comments: